This means that:
- AiREAS has no typical project leaders
- No-one is on the payroll
- Participants form a round table based on equality
- Everyone can participate and take on tasks, in their own living environment
AiREAS is founded on the vision and work method of the STIR Foundation (Stad van Morgen).
Formally AiREAS is a cooperative association where the four pillars of society (citizens, government, entrepreneurs and science) are working together equally to co-create a healthy living environment, with air quality and health as the main principles.
AiREAS forms regional “Local AiREAS”. A local AiREAS means a group is formed, taking on the responsibility for a concrete project, according to the stip-step process. A Local AiREAS is always founded in an area, usually a city.
The first Local AiREAS is founded in 20211 in Eindhoven. This has resulted in multiple concrete values that can now be used elsewhere in the world:
- proof that sustainocracy as a form of collaborating and transformational economy works
- a measuring network for ‘real time’ air quality monitoring
- the knowledge to work together multi disciplined, result oriented and value driven